Wednesday, November 16, 2005

One Oh One

1. My real name is Darren.
2. Red is my favorite color.
3. I like the number 9.
4. I was born in New Orleans.
5. I am a product of the first years of Sesame Street.
6. When I was a baby I had to wear braces on my legs. Before the braces I had cast and people would ask my mom how I broke my legs, she would say “Skiing”
7. My legs weren’t broke – I have not broken any bones in my body yet.
8. My father was a biker.
9. He died from complications of a motorcycle accident when I was 8.
10. I have a brother 4 years younger than me.
11. He doesn’t remember much of our father.
12. I have known my wife since she was a freshman in high school.
13. I knew she was the one I was going to marry when I first saw her.
14. Our first child was born on our 4th anniversary.
15. Depeche Mode released Songs of Faith and Devotion that same day in the U.S.
16. Depeche Mode is one of my favorite bands.
17. Technically I have been married twice – we eloped and then one year later on the same day, we remarried in a church ceremony for everyone else.
18. I like spicy food.
19. I don't like the texture of peppers though.
20. I enjoy cooking.
21. I almost never follow recipes.
22. I have been investigated by the FBI.
23. My four children have 3 letter names that are not abbreviations of other names.
24. My eyes are hazel.
25. I have no tattoos.
26. I enjoy figuring out how something works.
27. Contrary to how I looked when I was younger, I never did any type of drugs.
28. Still have not tried.
29. I know I won’t try.
30. I can do almost anything I put my mind to.
31. except have babies
32. and maybe surgery – better with a chain saw than a scalpel.
33. I tend to listen more than talk when meeting new people.
34. This somehow intimidates people.
35. My wife’s friends were scared of me.
36. That was fun.
37. I take my kids to their friend’s b-day parties.
38. I am usually the only guy there among the soccer mom set.
39. One mom asked me to be her husband for the day at her son’s party because hers was out of town for the month.
40. I have chased a cow out of my yard.
41. I have a hard time relaxing.
42. I have been told I am adhd. Did you see that show the other night? Saying “email” over and over sort of loses meaning. Are you going to eat that?
43. I love snow.
44. I can ice skate.
45. I played hockey one year.
46. I was a DJ in college.
47. I was too mischievous in college.
48. I didn’t finish college

49. I wanted to be a teacher.
50. I’ll change a flat tire for stranded people.
51. I’ll try to help anyone who asks.
52. I want to tell people they are beautiful without them thinking I am hitting on them.
53. I am a certified ethical hacker.
54. I was an ASE Master mechanic
55. My i-pod always needs charging
56. I have made co-workers cry.
57. I am more of a ninja than a pirate.
58. I wear black on the outside because black is how I feel on the inside.
59. I wear boxer briefs.
60. I prefer pointillism over fresco
61. salty over sweet
62. I do not drink coffee
63. I fell asleep riding my bike once.
64. Brie over bleu
65. I had to find my boss' severed finger once.
66. I don't freak out in a crisis.
67. I see humor in almost everything.
68. I have a high threshold for pain.
69.
70. Stood in line for Joshua Tree tickets for two days, then got in trouble for doing that and was grounded from the show - gave the tickets away to some girls I knew.
71. I have owned and used an acoustic modem.
72. I have no musical talent.
73. I have never smoked.
74. I have a 12 foot vertical ramp in my back yard
75. I do not skate.
76. I prefer the feel of cotton.
77. I am a Libra.
78. I share the same birthday as Bob Geldolf.
79. I think this entry has too much social engineering viability.
80. I have won the halloweeen costume contest at almost every job I have had.
81. I am never satisfied with what I do.
82. I have been to Europe.
83. ...and exotic places like Appleton, Wisconsin.
84. I was into me before I sold out and went corporate.
85. I miss Mike.
86. I owned a Pocket Fisherman by RONCO.
87. I have missed death three times: a)hit by a car on a motorcycle b) stupid friend fired off one round that flew right past my head c) While training for a 150 mile ride a car missed me by 3 inches as my fellow riders freaked out.
88. We are no longer friends.(see b. in 87)
89. I rode in a Mardi Gras parade.
90. During the whole route all I could think about was seeing my girlfriend(wife)
91. I would like to travel more.
92. ...and meet people.
93. I want to learn how to build a barn like the Amish do.
94. I hate shaving.
95. ...but do it anyway.
96. I just noticed my sock has a hole in it.
97. I love bacon!
98. I do the grocery shopping. I see bacon in the future.
99. I like the "Big Nasty" with sweet tea.
100. Still kisses with saliva.
101. If I could be who you wanted. All the time, all the time.

No comments: