Tuesday, May 23, 2006

All in all it's just another brick

It is done.

10 yards of fill sand, 8 4x4's, 750 paverstones and about 400 lbs of gray drainage stones and the outdoor patio is done.

My yard is not level and it took a lot of fill sand and some whacked engineering to build a frame and fill it to have a place for all the paverstones to sit somewhat level. It has been several weekends in the making, but I was determined to get it done this past weekend. As the kids played in their inflatable pool all weekend, I moved paverstones from 3 different piles to the area that had become a giant sand box for the dogs and kids. Out of the possible 750 paverstones I had available to me( I bought 3 pallets and each had 250 stones on it) I believe I have about 150 stones left. The weeks before I had to move the stones from their original pallet to another spot in my yard because my utility trainer could not hold more than 1 pallet at a time. So I would have to pick up the pallet, drive it home, then unload, head back and get another and repeat.

During this building process, close to being complete I took a small break to go and get the gray drainage stones. So I get the family truckster ready to go, drive the 20 miles to the Home Depot and when I get there it is blocked off by every cop, sheriff, emergency vehicle the town has. They were not letting anyone into the shopping center at all. A bomb threat I was told. So I drive 3 blocks down to the normally dead Lowes. Which is now extremely busy. I wonder if it was a lowes' employee, um never mind.

Anyway done done for now.

No comments: